Monday, March 3, 2008

Can He?

Allie wasn't feeling very well tonight and went to bed early. As I was taking my contacts out, I lifted up a simply prayer, "God, can you please help her to feel better?"

Before the words could even come out of my mouth, I realized that this was the wrong prayer because I already knew the answer to my question.

Yes, God can.

Whether He will or won't do something is an entirely different question, but that's for Him to decide. God is always the right one to hear my plea because like no other, He can handle it. His power is always great enough. He can and will do what needs to be done. It may sound like I'm playing semantics here, but knowing that God is capable is a very comforting thing. I don't have to call God's abilities into question in any situation that may arise.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Eph 3:20 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,
Eph 3:21 Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.