Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I still love Al's Deli

There's a small, French cafe a short distance from Northwestern's campus, just west of the Noyes "L" stop. Al's Deli makes THE BEST sandwiches in the state, if not in the country. Allie and I stopped there for a lunch date this afternoon. Waiting fifteen minutes in line and another fifteen minutes for the owner and his brother make our sandwiches was a small price to pay for the uniquely superb culinary experience that is Al's Deli. They are only open for a few hours each day at lunch, but if you are ever in Evanston, you must stop in.

2 comments:

bellwether said...

Best sandwiches ever! I still have to go whenever I'm in Evanston. I took the fam there on their last visit as well!

Anonymous said...

Hmm....I might be in
Evanston sometime...