Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Oh, the places you'll go

When I woke up last Wednesday in Okemos, Michigan, I saw this in our hotel parking lot.
Bus to the White House?
You can find out more at the C-Span Bus Website. Apparently its quite a big deal. If you don't believe me, just check out these ringing endorsements from the Teacher Quotes page:

"What is so great about these resources is that they show government doing things that we as government teachers usually just have to explain to kids and 'hope' they understand. But, as you know, government is so intangible, confusing and arcane. With these clips, government is brought to life."
Dan Fouts, Gov't. Teacher - Des Plaines, IL

"C-SPAN is as good as a field trip for students."
Myriam Oliver

"As Head of School, I often use information gained from C-SPAN for my readings or comments at our weekly Morning Meeting. I also refer teachers to available materials in my role also as Head."
Pamela Bloom

5 comments:

Jeanine said...

Sure hope that "Head of School" does not also translate "Head of English Department" because that would just be too scary. And also, that would just also be wrong... also.

drh said...

Did you ever notice that “C-SPAN” spelled backwards is “NAPS-C”?

Jeanine said...

...so the last comment made me start to think about what other arrangements the letters might create: you could get PANS-C for all the whimps or NAPS-C for the narcoleptics (thanks drh), SCAN-P which we just won't talk about, and it occurred to me why it is called C-SPAN instead of SPAN-C it would just be confusing unless Zoot is driving the bus.

Live In Contrast said...

Don't forget about P-CANS, which are both delicious and nutritious.

Live In Contrast said...

NUT-ritious... Sorry, I didn't even intend for that to be a pun.