Wednesday, July 9, 2008

It's a boy!

...and we have the images to prove it!
That's my boy!Little footprintGood, strong backboneOur son's first smile

The doctor told us that she's "95% sure" that we're having a boy based on the images, so we could still get a surprise. Apparently our child was a little too modest (or camera shy) and didn't entirely cooperate. I suppose we'll have to get used to that. Both Allie and I see fairly convincing evidence that it's a boy, and you can judge for yourself in the first picture above.

More importantly, the baby looks good and healthy now just past the halfway point. The doctor went through a checklist and showed us that everything seems to be developing normally. She also said that based on our son's size, his due date may be as early as November 13, a week ahead of the original estimate of November 19. At the same time, she told us that first children tend to arrive late, so we may have a very big boy when he is born!

3 comments:

drh said...

Congratulations! And I thought the rest of your viewing audience might appreciate a little preview of what you could look forward to...

drh said...

PS – I bet you’d be really surprised if I copycatted this post!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you both! I hope all goes well as the big day draws nearer!