Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Homage

Roll PlayMy new camera owes a debt of gratitude to its forefather, the ME Super, on which I learned to take photographs. This is the last roll of unexposed film that I own, and it will probably stay that way forever.

I couldn't help but note the irony that in order to get these shots "just right", I probably used more than 24 exposures. Even when I got the ones that I wanted, I went back and digitally corrected the images to balance the colors and fix some overly bright areas. I got it all done in less than an hour and didn't even have to leave home.

(In an unintentional but fun twist, the cloth that I used for the table top is only in focus at the bottom of the photo above, resembling the perforations along the edge of a roll of film. I like it when things accidentally turn out better than I planned!)

SuperCam

No comments: