Wednesday, April 9, 2008

1173 Words

Sam I am
Allison is pregnant! We found out just before Easter, and Allie has had a couple of doctor's visits since then to confirm that everything is coming along well. We're obviously very excited about the news, and thinking through everything we need to do to prepare. Allison is picking out strollers and high chairs, and I'm trying to make sure we can afford it all.

FAQ:
Due date: middle of November (hard to pin down, somewhere between 11/7 and 11/18)

Boy or Girl: We won't be able to find out until the end of June. Yes, we will be finding out.

Name: Nahum Jeremiah for a boy, Naomi Jezebel for a girl, Sam until we know for sure
[EDITOR'S NOTE: These names were intended as a joke, but my sense of humor just before midnight is not as sharp as I would like to believe. Apparently these names were slightly too plausible to be considered humorous, and most of my readers understandably took me seriously. I don't have anything against anyone named Nahum, Jeremiah, Naomi, or Jezebel, but we won't be using those for baby names. See the comments section if you still have any questions. The real names we are using are locked in a time delay safe that, coincidentally, is set to open in about 7 months. Also, because all of this is written inside these little bracket thingies, I don't have to update the word count for the title of this post.]

Health: Mom and baby are doing fine so far

Work: Allie will be taking time off around the birth, and will return to work at the beginning of next year. One distinct advantage of taking care of children professionally is that she will be able to take our child with her to work when she returns.

4 comments:

drh said...

I detect a hint of sarcasm in the names.

Speaking of names, did you steal the idea for the name of this post from one of my previous posts?

Live In Contrast said...

Your suspicion on the names is probably correct. Except for Sam. Sam is just neutral enough that it provides a quick, personal way to refer to our baby until we find out if it's a boy or a girl.

As for the post, no, I did not steal your idea. In my vast wealth of creative ingenuity at 25 minutes until midnight, that was what I came up with. I would blame it on coincidence, but we're related.

Among other things, I suspect that my baby will inherit a very particular strain of Hoskinson humor.

bellwether said...

Congratulations stud! And here I thought it was weird when my friends started getting married...

Jeanine said...

Congratulations!

Hooray for a baby with a quirky sense of humor - just means the baby will be brilliant like the rest of the family!